Here you’ll find a few educational writings pertaining to modern Masonic public relations, Lodge websites, social media, etc and some ways to go about it.
- Connected Lodges by WB Matt Johnson
- Masonic Media – The Pitch by Bro Aaron Luther Thomas
- Masonic Awareness in the Lodge by the Masonic Service Association of North America
- Social Media and the Lodge by WB Paul Bathgate
- Press Release “Kit” by the Grand Lodge of Iowa
- Public Relations by Bro & Dr Dean Palmer
Nonprofit Marketing Resources
- Not specific to Freemasonry, Nonprofit Hub is a great resource for marketing/PR in any nonprofit situation.
- Nonprofit’s Web Design 101: 5 Strategies for Beginners
- Every Man is a PR Man for Masonry by R. W. Brother Jack L. Allen, Grand Marshal
- Innovation and Masonry from Southern California Research Lodge F&AM, April, 1999
- The Winds of Change by Paul E. Heilman
- Non-solicitation by George O. Braatz, P.G.M.
- It’s About Time by the Masonic Service Association of North America, a good piece on Masonic branding in the modern world
- The Quarry Project’s Style Guide helping to establish consistent writing and language styles across Masonry (aka branding)
Public Relations Resources from Grand Lodges
Published public relations resources couldn’t be found from all US Grand Lodges, if you know of one that isn’t listed let us know.
- Grand Lodge of Ohio
- Grand Lodge of Iowa
- Grand Lodge of Kentucky
- Grand Lodge of Louisiana
- Grand Lodge of Maine
- Grand Lodge of Minnesota
- Grand Lodge of Nebraska
- Grand Lodge of Virginia
- Provincial Grand Lodge of East Lancashire’s (UK) Marketing, Recruitment, Retention – Actions – Summary
Know of other similar resources? Have one of your own? We’re always on the lookout.