Here you’ll find a few educational writings pertaining to modern Masonic public relations, Lodge websites, social media, etc and some ideas to go about it.
- Connected Lodges by WB Matt Johnson
- Masonic Media – The Pitch by Bro Aaron Luther Thomas
- A presentation on Social Media by Bro / LEO Nick Bolyard
- Masonic Awareness in the Lodge by the Masonic Service Association of North America
- Social Media and the Lodge by WB Paul Bathgate
- Public Relations by Bro & Dr Dean Palmer
Nonprofit Marketing Resources
- Not specific to Freemasonry, Nonprofit Hub is a great resource for marketing/PR in any nonprofit situation
- Nonprofit’s Web Design 101: 5 Strategies for Beginners
- Even the Boy Scouts of America feel a threat even a basic digital presence is vital to their local level success. They’ve got a few ideas that would apply to us.
Masonic PR Essays
- Every Man is a PR Man for Masonry by R W Brother Jack L. Allen, Grand Marshal
- Innovation and Masonry from the Southern California Research Lodge F&AM, April, 1999
- The Winds of Change by Paul E. Heilman
- Non-solicitation by PGM Bro George O. Braatz
- It’s About Time by the Masonic Service Association of North America, a good piece on Masonic branding in the modern world
- The Quarry Project’s Style Guide helping to establish consistent writing and language styles across Masonry (aka branding)
Grand Lodge Public Relations Resources
Published public relations resources couldn’t be found from all US Grand Lodges, if you know of one that isn’t listed let me know.
- Grand Lodge of Ohio
- View their This Is Ohio Freemasonry graphic repository
- View their Interpersonal Communication: The Foundation of Masonic Public Relations and Member Development
- View their Membership Initiative Implementation Guide
- Grand Lodge of Iowa
- Grand Lodge of Kentucky
- Grand Lodge of Louisiana
- Grand Lodge of Maine
- Grand Lodge of Minnesota
- Grand Lodge of Nebraska
- Grand Lodge of Virginia
- Provincial Grand Lodge of East Lancashire’s (UK) Marketing, Recruitment, Retention – Actions – Summary
Know of other similar resources? Have one of your own? I’m always on the lookout.